How many times have you told yourself to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Jersey City, NJ? Jersey City shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Mitsubishi Raider insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a Mitsubishi and locate the best price possible either online or from Jersey City insurance agents.
The goal of this article is to introduce you to the best ways to compare prices and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Jersey City
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Does car insurance cost more for men? – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men get in fender benders at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Car insurance claims cost money – Companies in New Jersey award better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Responsible credit saves on car insurance – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mitsubishi Raider by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
Finding low cost Mitsubishi Raider auto insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. You just need to invest a little time to compare rates provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi Raider insurance, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mitsubishi with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mitsubishi at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Mitsubishi but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Raider definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Jersey City auto insurance quote.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Mitsubishi can earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Jersey City auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Jersey City auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Jersey City auto insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, drive less, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, 55 and older, air bags, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
If you want inexpensive Jersey City auto insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered in every state. For a list of insurance companies with the best Mitsubishi Raider insurance discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Local Jersey City car insurance agents and car insurance
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Jersey City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching local Jersey City agents, there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Jersey City who may provide price quote information.
- MHM Insurance
243 Central Ave # 1 – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 721-6081 – View Map
- Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (201) 616-7644 – View Map
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave – Union City, NJ 07087 – (201) 348-1288 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Hemant Jiwnani – State Farm Insurance Agent
2770 John F Kennedy Blvd, FL-1 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 653-1770 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Karima Panjwani
591 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 793-7525 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance – Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 604-3874 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as affordable Mitsubishi Raider insurance rates in Jersey City quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.
Persistent drivers can save
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
Low-cost Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Jersey City is possible from both online companies in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Jersey City. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Jersey City auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
Steps to saving on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Jersey City
The most effective way to get affordable Mitsubishi Raider insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Jersey City.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)