Finding the best cheap insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee hinges on a fairly complex equation with a lot of factors such as how you use your vehicle, your credit score, and if you have tickets or violations. New Jersey drivers pay approximately $1,369 per year for Grand Cherokee insurance, but that price is a projection calculated using a 50-year-old married female driver with full comprehensive and collision coverage and $100 deductibles.
It’s more than likely you may not be 50 years old (or even female), maybe you are single instead of married, or maybe you don’t qualify for the same discounts. Not every driver requires the same auto insurance coverages, so the best method for finding the cheapest insurance price for your Jeep is to compare as many rates as you can.
Vehicle trim level tends to impact the annual cost of coverage, so the price to insure a Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD trim level will be $152 less than the cost to insure the more well-appointed Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD trim level, as demonstrated by the prices below.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$318||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,552||$129|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$318||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,552||$129|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$360||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,704||$142|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$360||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,704||$142|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$360||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,704||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can modify rates significantly.
Picking the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Jersey. The information shown below could help you analyze which coverage providers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
These rankings are only made up of large nationwide companies, so companies without a large exposure are not factored into this list. If you’d like to compare prices from the insurers below and more, click this link.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Get discounts on Jersey City auto insurance rates
Insurance providers that offer coverage for a Jeep Grand Cherokee could also offer special discounts that could potentially reduce rates by as much as 40% or more if you meet eligibility requirements. A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, safety features, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, air bags, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, teen driver, pay in full, good student, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paid in full, student away at school, safe vehicle, teen driver, group or association, multiple vehicles, and safe driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
The information below shows the comparison of auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows the average annual price with no discounts. The second bar shows the rates with marriage, defensive driving course, claim-free, accident-free, homeowner, and vehicle safety discounts applied. When drivers qualify for the discounts, theaverage yearly reduction on insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee is 28% or $936.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
Reducing premiums for insurance is important to the majority of vehicle owners, and one easy way to reduce the cost of insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee is to buy only liability coverage. The example below shows the comparison of insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
On average, full coverage costs an additional $2,983 per year more than just buying liability insurance. Many of you may wonder if buying full coverage is a good investment. There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your vehicle’s book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
How to find economical auto insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee
The list below shows some of the recommended money-saving suggestions that can help New Jersey drivers buy lower-cost car insurance.
- If possible, do not file small claims
- Better credit scores save money
- Do not waste money insuring older vehicles for full coverage
- Raise physical damage deductibles
- Buying home and auto insurance together can earn discounts
- Safer vehicles generally have cheaper insurance rates
- Check for cheaper rates once a year
The last suggestion is incredibly critical, as we discussed in this piece. Rates vary greatly, so drivers shouldn’t be reluctant to buy from a different company if a lower-cost policy is available. Brand loyalty is great, but it’s not recommended if that loyalty ends up costing a fortune every year. Take a few minutes and shop around to find cheaper insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Jersey City.