If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in New Jersey. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for the details to get low prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in New Jersey have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Drivers in the U.S. could pocket almost $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes for Cadillac Deville insurance in Jersey City is to know the fact car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if your license is active, marital status, if it has an alarm system, and whether you drive to work or school. Your details is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To find the cheapest Cadillac Deville insurance rates, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Jersey City, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Determine discounts on Jersey City car insurance
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Deville insurance premium.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to track their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, new car, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, business or organization, defensive driving, easy pay, anti-theft, multi-policy, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, youthful driver, multi-car, mature driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance may have discounts that include safety device, paid-in-full, online quote, anti-theft, and good driver.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include accident-free, anti-theft, age of vehicle, multi-car, good student, and professional/association.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered in your state. To find companies that offer many of these discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Local Jersey City car insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Jersey City that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Jersey City?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Jersey City?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
What types of car insurance agents are in Jersey City?
If you are wanting to find a local Jersey City insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agents in Jersey City are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can do a good job, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
The following are Jersey City exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Joe Nachbaur – State Farm Insurance Agent
505 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 222-8866 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mofalc Meinga
447 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 435-1616 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 332-6999 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
- Exodus Insurance Services
758 Ocean Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 433-1015 – View Map
- Petrocci Agency
1674 John F. Kennedy Blvd # A – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 434-4760 – View Map
- Dieugrand Insurance
582 West Side Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-1306 – View Map
Once you have good feedback to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy any time you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to your new company for any length of time.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
How Your Deville Insurance Costs are Determined
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the New Jersey motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive your Cadillac in a year’s time the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage. An improperly rated Deville can cost quite a bit.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Males and females get in fender benders in similar numbers, but males cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Premiums are lower the older you get – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Car insurance is not optional in New Jersey
Even though Jersey City Deville insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Deville has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Cadillac Deville and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Cadillac gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Be persistent to save money
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
Lower-priced Cadillac Deville insurance in Jersey City can be found online and with local Jersey City insurance agents, so get free Jersey City auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Jersey City Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)