The best way to save money on car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Jersey City. This can be done by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Golf SportWagen coverage is available in Jersey City. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Jersey City drivers could save themselves nearly 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes online.
Companies offering cheap Volkswagen Golf SportWagen price quotes in Jersey City, NJ
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To get cheaper car insurance in Jersey City, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Jersey City insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jersey City car insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Jersey City car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Golf SportWagen can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-policy, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for company car, teen driver, group or association, student away at school, good student, and safe driver.
- American Family discounts include mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance offers discounts for defensive driver, emergency road assistance, online quote, renters, homeowner, and safety device.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, and good driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good student.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in Jersey City.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower premium levels. Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a first-time driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
- Claims cost money – Auto insurance companies in New Jersey provide lower rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Fewer miles means better prices – Driving more miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage. A policy that improperly rates your Golf SportWagen is throwing money out the window.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen by improving your credit score.
- Your vocation may affect prices – Jobs such as lawyers, architects, and emergency personnel have the highest average rates in part from intense work situations and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
- Your gender affects costs – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women have fender benders in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Jersey City car insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Jersey City?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will they give you a referral list?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Jersey City are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agencies in Jersey City who can help you get price quote information.
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City that can give you comparison quotes.
Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (201) 616-7644 – View Map
JFK Insurance Agency
746 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (908) 425-1544 – View Map
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction as well as cheaper Golf SportWagen insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your car insurance policy.
Do the work, save more money
More affordable car insurance in Jersey City can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Much more information about car insurance in New Jersey can be read at these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)