Sadly, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save an average of approximately $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to go online and compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who sell insurance in New Jersey.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to get cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle's registration.
One thing to point out is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The are a couple different ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to go to insurance agents' offices. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the professional assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find lower pricing. Some companies don't provide online Jersey City Prius Prime insurance quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discount Jersey City auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new Prius Prime can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Prius Prime insurance in Jersey City.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
Auto insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need inexpensive Jersey City car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though Jersey City Prius Prime insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Prius Prime, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Toyota Prius Prime. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Jersey City overpays as much as $700 annually so shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Jersey City who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It's the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Jersey City?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When finding local Jersey City agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Jersey City that can give you price quote information.
Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct - Jersey City, NJ 07310 - (201) 626-7589 - View Map
1674 John F. Kennedy Blvd # A - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 434-4760 - View Map
Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave - Union City, NJ 07087 - (201) 348-1288 - View Map
After you get satisfactory answers to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind it's your policy and you can cancel coverage at any time so never assume that you are obligated to any specific company for the entire policy term.