Would you prefer to buy lower-priced Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Jersey City? I can’t think of anyone who gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in New Jersey have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Most drivers in the United States can cut their rates by as much as $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Steps to buying cheaper Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Jersey City
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in New Jersey. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more details to get better rates and find additional discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
With so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be hard to find the best insurer.
It’s important to compare prices periodically because auto insurance rates change frequently. If you had the lowest premium rates on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Jersey City six months ago you can probably find a better price now. There are lots of tips to save on FJ Cruiser insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get the best ways to lower your auto insurance bill.
Cheaper Jersey City insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper FJ Cruiser insurance.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current FJ Cruiser insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota FJ Cruiser car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, homeowner, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, safety features, new graduate, newly married, newly retired, and exclusive group savings.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, claim-free
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Jersey City. To choose insurance companies offering insurance discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Jersey City utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data like your job, the type of vehicles you drive, driver details, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your information is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Jersey City, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Rates and statistics
The price information shown below showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Toyota FJ Cruiser models. Being more informed about how rates are figured can aid in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$296||$324||$630||$38||$188||$1,476||$123|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$328||$324||$630||$38||$188||$1,508||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence auto insurance rates considerably.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below compares Toyota FJ Cruiser auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the New Jersey minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota FJ Cruiser replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Auto insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Buying insurance from Jersey City insurance agencies
Many drivers still like to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Jersey City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Jersey City that provide free Jersey City auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Jersey City auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you need to find local Jersey City agents, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Jersey City can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, you need to contact multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Jersey City that may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
243 Central Ave # 1 – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 721-6081 – View Map
582 West Side Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-1306 – View Map
Sam’s Insurance and Travel
3396 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 659-6800 – View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City willing to provide comparison quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Jersey City?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Best auto insurance in New Jersey
Picking the right insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in New Jersey. The company information in the lists below may help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%
More comparisons equals affordable rates
When you buy Jersey City auto insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, high prices and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
The cheapest Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Jersey City is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Jersey City auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
How to find low-cost Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Jersey City
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Jersey City.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on FJ Cruiser insurance in Jersey City. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One bit of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)