If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare quotes annually from different companies in New Jersey.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for ideas to get low prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on S2000 insurance. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Shockingly, most insurance buyers in New Jersey kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in the U.S. could pocket nearly $859 a year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The goal of this article is to introduce you to how to get online quotes. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. But New Jersey consumers do need to learn the way companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
Companies offering cheap Honda S2000 price quotes in Jersey City, NJ
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in New Jersey. In order to find cheaper car insurance in NJ, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Honda S2000 insurance in Jersey City
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current S2000 insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Jersey City car insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Jersey City can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Four Tips to Get More Affordable Jersey City Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Auto insurance rates and your job – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like judges, air traffic controllers, and accountants generally pay higher rates than average due to high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated S2000 is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft.
- Single drivers take more risk – Being married may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Jersey City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Jersey City that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you are searching for a local Jersey City insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Jersey City are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Jersey City that may be able to give you price quote information.
- All Insurance Services Inc
574 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 963-8888 – View Map
- MHM Insurance
243 Central Ave # 1 – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 721-6081 – View Map
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave – Union City, NJ 07087 – (201) 348-1288 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Jersey City that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 332-6999 – View Map
- Mansa Nicome – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 – Neptune City, NJ 07753 – (732) 776-9999 – View Map
- Hemant Jiwnani – State Farm Insurance Agent
2770 John F Kennedy Blvd, FL-1 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 653-1770 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Best car insurance company in Jersey City
Finding the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Jersey City. The ranking data displayed below can help you pick which companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%
One last thing to lower rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Jersey City can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Jersey City car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)