Sadly, the vast majority of consumers in New Jersey have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Consumers in America could save an average of almost $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Saturn Ion insurance in Jersey City is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who sell insurance in New Jersey. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides the details to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Ion coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the ideas presented in this article. These techniques will teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings But New Jersey vehicle owners must understand the way companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
It’s important to know that comparing more prices provides better odds of finding better pricing.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in New Jersey. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saturn Ion in Jersey City, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ion, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Saturn at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Take policy discounts and save on Saturn Ion insurance in Jersey City
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are throwing money away.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current Ion insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow data collection to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get reduced rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will reduce your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, multi-policy, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, exclusive group savings, multi-car, good student, and new graduate.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in Jersey City. To find providers with discount rates in Jersey City, follow this link.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is my Saturn Ion covered if I use it for business?
- If my Saturn Ion is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.