Do you want to learn how to find low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance in Jersey City? Searching for budget Jersey City Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes on the web may seem to be overwhelming for people new to quoting and online price comparisons. With such a big selection of agents and online companies, how are people expected to effectively compare all the different companies and get the cheapest available price?
Remarkably, a study showed that most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Jersey City insurance shoppers could save themselves 40% a year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Cheap car insurance in Jersey City, NJ
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in New Jersey. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in NJ, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Jersey City insurance discounts for a Pontiac Solstice
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Good Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Jersey City auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Jersey City, click here to view.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Jersey City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How often do they review coverages?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in New Jersey?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How many years have they been established?
Auto insurance company ratings
Picking a high-quality company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in New Jersey. The ranking information shown next could help you choose which coverage providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people's vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. New Jersey requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Solstice to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for doctor visits, X-ray expenses and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac Solstice.
Due to the fact that many New Jersey drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in New Jersey), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Affordable auto insurance rates are available
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium and high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Jersey City can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free Jersey City auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just covered many ideas to save on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Jersey City. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to finding cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Jersey City
The preferred way to get affordable car insurance rates in Jersey City is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Solstice coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important note is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in New Jersey is available at these links:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)