It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who rate shop once a year will most likely switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding better rates. A recent survey found that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Jersey City is the reason you’re here, understanding how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Really, the only way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in New Jersey.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Grand Prix coverage is available in Jersey City. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get prices direct online. Comparing Pontiac Grand Prix insurance rates online is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into the form. Behind the scenes, their rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Jersey City makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
In order to compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Jersey City, NJ. In order to find cheap car insurance in NJ, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Jersey City car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving class may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Jersey City can save you money since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
When getting free Jersey City auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how you can save money. Some credits may not be offered in every state. To see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac Grand Prix insurance, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Pontiac Grand Prix but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Buying auto insurance from Jersey City car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Jersey City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Jersey City are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always include several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Jersey City that can give you price quote information.
GG Insurance – Independent Insurance Agent
270 Marin Boulevard, Metropolis Towers Suite #14D – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (800) 801-0394 – View Map
JFK Insurance Agency
746 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (908) 425-1544 – View Map
After receiving good feedback as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage.