If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Nissan Juke insurance in Jersey City is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in New Jersey. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jersey City. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $850 each year compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your ultimate objective, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Jersey City is not rocket science. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. Smart shoppers just have to learn the quickest method to compare prices over the internet.
Cheapest Nissan Juke insurance price quotes in Jersey City, NJ
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Jersey City auto insurance quote.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Student in College – Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, early bird, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has discounts for payment discounts, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, and early quote.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, switch companies, multi-car, business and professional, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- USAA may offer discounts for new vehicle, family discount, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, good student, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for preferred payment discount, new graduate, safety features, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, and new move discount.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Jersey City. To see providers that offer discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
Do I need an agent?
Many people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Jersey City who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does their agency support local causes in Jersey City?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Which family members are covered?
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
370 Pacific Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-0065 – View Map
Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct – Jersey City, NJ 07310 – (201) 626-7589 – View Map
Upon receiving good feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance.
How to know if you need help
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Nissan Juke is totaled?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Nissan Juke Insurance Price Factors
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
- High auto insurance claims frequency drives up auto insurance rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in New Jersey generally give better rates to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft.
- Auto insurance rates and your occupation – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like military generals, business owners, and medical professionals tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and the unemployed pay the least.
- Incidental coverages push up costs – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are some examples. They may sound like good ideas at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Continuous coverage lowers prices – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Males and females cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- What are your physical damage deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Nissan. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Keep the miles off and save – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Juke may be wasting your money.
Insurance loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles – Car insurance companies use claims history as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the loss history for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Juke Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Juke has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in New Jersey overpays more than $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to save money.
You can find cheaper coverage
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Nissan Juke insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jersey City Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)