The best way we recommend to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in New Jersey.
- Read about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more details to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,010, Jersey City drivers could pocket almost $716 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Shopping around for the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Jersey City can be fairly easy. If you’re already insured or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. Smart buyers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to get comparison rates from many different companies online.
The majority of larger companies provide price estimates from their websites. Getting online quotes for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Jersey City can be done by anyone as you just type in the coverages you want into a form. Upon sending the form, the quote system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on many factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi Mirage has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Mirage definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
More people means more accidents – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Less people translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Never allow your car insurance policy to lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time.
Credit rating impacts prices – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Mitsubishi Mirage by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
Prices increase with policy add-ons – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Mitsubishi Mirage insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims to help determine costs. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount very clearly, so here is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Jersey City car insurance online.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Mirage insurance in Jersey City.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Professional Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Jersey City Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, good student, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, good student, and youthful driver.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, air bags, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, and safe driver.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Jersey City car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be available everywhere.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Jersey City.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Jersey City car insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want a good Jersey City insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Jersey City can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can handle insurance, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Jersey City that can give you free rate quotes.
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave – Union City, NJ 07087 – (201) 348-1288 – View Map
- AllState Agent
07305, 701 NJ-440 – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 515-3499 – View Map
- ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 222-1314 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Jersey City exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jared Bush – State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd – North Bergen, NJ 07047 – (201) 325-8880 – View Map
- Joe Nachbaur – State Farm Insurance Agent
505 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 222-8866 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Karima Panjwani
591 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 793-7525 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Upon getting acceptable answers and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that will properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy whenever you want so never assume you are locked into any specific company for the entire policy term.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Jersey City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jersey City car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)