Price shopping your Mazda 2 insurance in Jersey City is always very difficult for drivers who have little experience online price comparisons. Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. New Jersey drivers could cut their rates by as much as 40% a year, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Mazda 2 insurance in Jersey City two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There are lots of tips to save on 2 insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to find cheap insurance in Jersey City.
Do you qualify for discounts on Mazda 2 insurance in Jersey City?
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors are able to get a discount up to 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, early shopping, multi-car, good student, switch companies, bundle discounts, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, and youthful driver.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, new move discount, and new graduate.
If you need affordable Jersey City auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Jersey City, click here to view.
How to find cheap Mazda 2 insurance in Jersey City, New Jersey
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare quotes from local Jersey City auto insurance companies. The fastest way to compare insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s important to know that more quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Jersey City 2 insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Jersey City, NJ. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in NJ, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Jersey City insurance agencies?
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Jersey City.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Jersey City who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Jersey City for you
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you should always get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
The following are Jersey City independent insurance agencies who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Wexford Insurance
45 Laidlaw Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 659-6050 – View Map
- Blake Agency
370 Pacific Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-0065 – View Map
- AMC Insurance Inc
958 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 656-1200 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Joe Nachbaur – State Farm Insurance Agent
505 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 222-8866 – View Map
- Tawanda Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
688 NJ-440 – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 209-0290 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance – Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 604-3874 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jersey City?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Ratings for Jersey City auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Jersey City. The ranking data displayed below can help you decide which providers you want to consider purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Lower-priced car insurance in Jersey City is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to buying lower priced Mazda 2 insurance in Jersey City
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to annually compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in New Jersey.
- It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)