Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved about $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Lincoln Continental insurance in Jersey City is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
The recommended way to get the cheapest Lincoln Continental insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Jersey City. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for information to get lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Continental insurance. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An essential thing to point out is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in New Jersey. If you want the best cheap car insurance in NJ, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is glass protection for?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my Lincoln Continental qualify for pleasure use?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents can help
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Jersey City.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Jersey City who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Two types of Jersey City auto insurance agents
When looking for a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Jersey City are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ because it can impact the selection process.
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Jersey City that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 792-4188 - View Map
- Sam's Insurance and Travel
3396 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 659-6800 - View Map
- GG Insurance - Independent Insurance Agent
270 Marin Boulevard, Metropolis Towers Suite #14D - Jersey City, NJ 07302 - (800) 801-0394 - View Map
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Jersey City who can help you get price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance - Mofalc Meinga
447 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 435-1616 - View Map
- Mansa Nicome - State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 - Neptune City, NJ 07753 - (732) 776-9999 - View Map
- Jared Bush - State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd - North Bergen, NJ 07047 - (201) 325-8880 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been in business in Jersey City?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Jersey City?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?