It’s hard to believe, but most drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Jersey City drivers can cut their rates by $716 a year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost Lexus RC 200t insurance in Jersey City is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in New Jersey.
First, try to learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper RC 200t coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Jersey City is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have a policy now, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Nevertheless, New Jersey car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
Just remember that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding better pricing.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lexus and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in New Jersey is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can slash Lexus RC 200t insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on RC 200t insurance in Jersey City.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to scrutinize vehicle usage remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Travelers may offer discounts for student away at school, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, and save driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, good student, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, driver training, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, drive less, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
When getting free Jersey City auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find insurance companies who offer cheap Lexus RC 200t insurance quotes in New Jersey, follow this link.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What is glass protection for?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Jersey City auto insurance companies
Selecting the highest-rated car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in New Jersey. The ranking information listed below can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance