It's amazing but the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. American insurance shoppers could cut their rates by approximately $850 a year, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Truthfully, the best way to save on Kia Soul EV insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Jersey City. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Best companies for low-cost Kia Soul EV insurance in New Jersey
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To locate cheaper car insurance in Jersey City, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
How Your Soul EV Insurance Costs are Determined
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the items used by companies to determine your rate level.
Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Responsible drivers pay lower premiums - How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers with careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
Occupation impacts rates - Jobs like real estate brokers, executives, and accountants generally have higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations like actors, students and performers receive lower rates.
How old are your drivers? - Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates.
What type of car do you drive? - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Save money by having excellent credit - Credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Soul EV by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings.
Your location is a factor - Having an address in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large New Jersey cities tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
Compare rates if you combine your policies - Most major insurers apply better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Don't overlook these Kia Soul EV insurance discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But all discounts will lower your premiums.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, type of vehicle, good student, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Kia Soul EV rate quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. To view providers with significant discounts in Jersey City, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers would rather go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Jersey City that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jersey City?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Jersey City?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Mansa Nicome - State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 - Neptune City, NJ 07753 - (732) 776-9999 - View Map
- Hemant Jiwnani - State Farm Insurance Agent
2770 John F Kennedy Blvd, FL-1 - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 653-1770 - View Map
- Tawanda Jackson - State Farm Insurance Agent
688 NJ-440 - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 209-0290 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Jersey City independent insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Exodus Insurance Services
758 Ocean Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 433-1015 - View Map
- Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07302 - (201) 616-7644 - View Map
- GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 792-4188 - View Map
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent or high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on Kia Soul EV insurance in Jersey City. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced car insurance in Jersey City is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Jersey City car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More detailed car insurance information can be found at these sites:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)