Did you make the mistake of buying high-priced Kia K900 insurance in Jersey City? You’re in good company because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s hard to believe, but over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by as much as 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates.
Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Kia K900 insurance in Jersey City.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these techniques. Buying affordable auto insurance in Jersey City is much easier if you know where to start. Although New Jersey consumers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are in accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Tickets are costly – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Having just one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received multiple citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Employer impacts premiums – Occupations like real estate brokers, architects, and dentists are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on car insurance – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. If your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Kia K900 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The more miles you rack up on your Kia in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated K900 is just wasting money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating is showing the correct driver usage.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – Policies have extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
How to shop Kia K900 insurance online
All major car insurance companies provide prices on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Kia K900 insurance in Jersey City is pretty easy as you just type in your personal and coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, the system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Kia K900 insurance in Jersey City helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Jersey City, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Kia K900, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects your Kia K900 and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in New Jersey is wasting up to $830 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Get cheaper rates on Kia K900 insurance in Jersey City with these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Distant Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Jersey City without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Jersey City can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
To see companies offering car insurance discounts in Jersey City, follow this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Jersey City that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Jersey City, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jersey City?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Insurance agent types
If you prefer to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you need to get several quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Jersey City that can give you price quote information.
243 Central Ave # 1 – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 721-6081 – View Map
Best car insurance in Jersey City
Ending up with a good quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Jersey City. The information shown below could help you choose which providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Smart shoppers get results
When you buy Jersey City auto insurance online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered many tips how you can reduce Kia K900 insurance premium rates online in Jersey City. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to find more affordable Kia K900 insurance in Jersey City
The recommended way to get low-cost Kia K900 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Jersey City.
- Step 1: Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper K900 coverage is available. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How Much is Jersey City Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)