It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Jersey City is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare quotes once a year from companies in New Jersey. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Cheap car insurance in Jersey City, NJ
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in New Jersey. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Jersey City, NJ, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information displayed next covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Volvo XC70 models. Knowing how insurance prices are established can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$402||$722||$570||$34||$170||$1,898||$158|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$402||$832||$570||$34||$170||$2,008||$167|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage rates considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Volvo XC70 premium costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get affordable Volvo XC70 insurance in Jersey City with discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Jersey City car insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Jersey City can get you a small discount when getting a Jersey City car insurance quote.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Volvo can qualify you for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The information below shows the comparison of Volvo XC70 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To find car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Jersey City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Jersey City who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Jersey City who can help you get price quotes for Volvo XC70 insurance in Jersey City.
JFK Insurance Agency
746 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (908) 425-1544 - View Map
45 Laidlaw Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 659-6050 - View Map
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Which car insurance company is best in Jersey City?
Ending up with a high-quality car insurance company is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Jersey. The company ratings shown below may help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford - 93%
- Progressive - 90%
- 21st Century - 89%
- USAA - 87%
- Mercury Insurance - 87%
- State Farm - 87%
- Travelers - 87%
- Safeco Insurance - 86%
- AAA Insurance - 86%
- American Family - 85%
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- USAA - A++
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Mercury Insurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Esurance - A+
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Volvo XC70 insurance in Jersey City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Volvo XC70 insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Affordable Volvo XC70 insurance in Jersey City can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don't offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)