The recommended way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell insurance in Jersey City. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and a low credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop for lower prices are inclined to switch companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
Buy Jersey City Volkswagen Tiguan insurance online
To find affordable Volkswagen Tiguan insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find affordable Volkswagen Tiguan insurance rates consists of shopping online.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to and from local insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Volkswagen Tiguan insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the peace of mind that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
It’s important to know that quoting more will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To find the cheapest car insurance in NJ, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rates and other information
The information shown below highlights different insurance premium costs for Volkswagen Tiguan models. Learning how car insurance premiums are formulated can be of help when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$260||$494||$462||$28||$138||$1,382||$115|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$260||$494||$462||$28||$138||$1,382||$115|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$294||$582||$462||$28||$138||$1,504||$125|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$294||$582||$462||$28||$138||$1,504||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in Jersey City location which can raise or lower coverage prices substantially.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Jersey City
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can affect Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below compares Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Tiguan book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Jersey City, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Tiguan with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Volkswagen Tiguan and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress vocation? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers like judges, architects, and miners usually pay higher rates than average in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Being located in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated New Jersey areas have to deal with traffic congestion and more severe claims. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Volkswagen from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Most major companies will give lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Volkswagen Tiguan insurance loss probability – Insurers study historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Volkswagen Tiguan Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 2WD 84 98 67 75 91 89 Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 4WD 93 101 85 82 80 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rate quotes by earning discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Jersey City auto insurance quote as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Tiguan insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Jersey City auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Tiguan yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with the best Volkswagen Tiguan insurance discounts in Jersey City in New Jersey, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in New Jersey?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Jersey City exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jersey City willing to provide price quote information.
JFK Insurance Agency
746 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (908) 425-1544 – View Map
582 West Side Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-1306 – View Map
One last note
A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. Cheap Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Jersey City is available both online and also from your neighborhood Jersey City agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We covered many ways to shop for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Jersey City auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)