It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Jersey City is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in New Jersey. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
We don't have to tell you that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Insureds who compare other rates are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your objective, then understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Buying the cheapest insurance in Jersey City is not that difficult. But New Jersey consumers do need to learn how companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Where can I get cheap Jersey City Volkswagen e-Golf insurance?
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare quotes from local Jersey City car insurance companies. The best method to find competitive Volkswagen e-Golf insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it takes the place of having to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent. It's important to know that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Jersey City, NJ. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in NJ, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don't always list the entire discount list very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Jersey City car insurance online.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new e-Golf can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to look at driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current e-Golf insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Jersey City car insurance online.
- Driver Safety - Completing a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Jersey City Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper e-Golf insurance.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, claim free, defensive driver, online quote, good student, multi-car, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, and driver training.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and education and occupation.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, daytime running lights, seat belt use, defensive driver, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, driver's education, and passive restraint.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state. To choose providers that offer the discounts shown above in Jersey City, click this link.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help calculate auto insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The items below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Costs impacted by your city - Choosing to live in less populated areas is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Advanced theft deterrents - Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft.
- Proper usage rating affects costs - The more you drive your Volkswagen each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy is showing the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your e-Golf is throwing money out the window.
- No insurance claims equals cheaper rates - If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in New Jersey generally give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Females pay lower premiums - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Teen drivers pay higher premiums - Teenage drivers in New Jersey tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto a policy can break the bank. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- High coverage deductibles equal low rates - Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Volkswagen e-Golf scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Jersey City should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Two types of Jersey City auto insurance agents
When looking for a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Jersey City can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you contact several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Jersey City willing to provide price quotes.
Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct - Jersey City, NJ 07310 - (201) 626-7589 - View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide insurance.
More effort can pay off
As you quote Jersey City car insurance, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
We just showed you many tips how you can find cheaper Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Jersey City. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)