A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers in New Jersey kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in America could save nearly $850 every year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
The recommended way to get budget Mazda CX-9 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Jersey City.
- Step 1: Try to understand how companies set rates and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on how car insurance companies work and some tricks to saving. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Although New Jersey car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
Seven factors that impact insurance premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – Insurance companies in New Jersey award most affordable rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and burglary. The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Avoid tickets and save – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Having a single speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The information below shows how violations and fender-benders can impact Mazda CX-9 insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Car features can affect auto insurance rates – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Lower premiums for safer cars – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Mazda CX-9 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Are you male or female? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-9 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- More policies can equal more savings – Some insurance companies allow better rates to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Mazda CX-9 claim data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Mazda CX-9 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda CX-9 Models Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-9 4dr 2WD 87 108 74 87 95 89 Mazda CX-9 4dr 4WD 89 109 92 80 76 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
All major auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage from their websites. The process doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their system will order your credit score and driving record and generates a price. Using the web to get rates for Mazda CX-9 insurance in Jersey City makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to get cheap rates.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will get rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table below outlines estimates of policy rates for Mazda CX-9 models. Having a good understanding how prices are calculated can be useful when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-9 Sport 2WD||$452||$732||$490||$30||$146||$1,850||$154|
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD||$452||$862||$490||$30||$146||$1,980||$165|
|CX-9 Sport AWD||$452||$862||$490||$30||$146||$1,980||$165|
|CX-9 Touring 2WD||$452||$862||$490||$30||$146||$1,980||$165|
|CX-9 Touring AWD||$452||$862||$490||$30||$146||$1,980||$165|
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD||$504||$862||$490||$30||$146||$2,032||$169|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Jersey City which can modify premium rates greatly.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mazda CX-9 in Jersey City, auto insurance is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Mazda CX-9, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects your Mazda CX-9 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Mazda CX-9 insurance in Jersey City
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jersey City car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jersey City car insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Jersey City car insurance quote.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-9 premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To choose insurers that offer the discounts shown above in New Jersey, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Jersey City car insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Jersey City.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because prices are sent to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a local Jersey City insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents are either independent or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Jersey City that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
370 Pacific Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-0065 – View Map
243 Central Ave # 1 – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 721-6081 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Jersey City car insurance company ratings
Finding the right company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in New Jersey. The company ratings in the next section could help you pick which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Cheap insurance prices are available
We just covered some good ideas how to lower your Mazda CX-9 insurance car insurance rates in Jersey City. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Mazda CX-9 rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Discount Mazda CX-9 insurance in Jersey City can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When you buy Jersey City car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)