Nobody I know anticipates paying for auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Consumers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
Steps to buying low-cost Kia Spectra insurance in Jersey City
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Kia Spectra insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers in Jersey City.
- Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Spectra coverage is available. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Many insurers vie for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest rate on Kia Spectra insurance in Jersey City.
Consumers need to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest price on Kia Spectra insurance in Jersey City a few years ago you can probably find a better rate now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Spectra insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Locating the best rates in Jersey City can be made easier if you know where to look. Although New Jersey consumers benefit from understanding how insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rates in New Jersey
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get discounts on Jersey City car insurance
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Jersey City Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to track driving manner by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help lower your overall bill.
Some companies that may include these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Jersey City. To locate insurers who offer free Kia Spectra insurance quotes in Jersey City, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Jersey City.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When finding a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Jersey City can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City who may provide comparison quotes.
All Insurance Services Inc
574 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 963-8888 – View Map
Sam’s Insurance and Travel
3396 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 659-6800 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Jersey City should know the answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Jersey City?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to provide auto insurance coverage. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage at any time so don’t feel that you are obligated to any specific company for the entire policy term.
What is the best car insurance company in New Jersey?
Buying coverage from the highest-rated auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Jersey City. The information below could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. New Jersey state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Kia Spectra.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in New Jersey), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Spectra resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Spectra to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as hospital visits, ambulance fees and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Cheaper car insurance premiums are possible
Cheap Kia Spectra insurance in Jersey City can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Jersey City, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your Kia Spectra insurance premium rates in Jersey City. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kia Spectra insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Steps to finding cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Jersey City
To save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare quotes once a year from providers that insure vehicles in New Jersey. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if cheaper Spectra coverage is available in Jersey City. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)