It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, move their business because they stand a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can help make the process easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount Jeep Patriot insurance in Jersey City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in New Jersey. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, read and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding and a substandard credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for the details to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Patriot insurance in Jersey City. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Jersey City is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Drivers only need to know the quickest way to get comparison quotes online.
Reducing your Jeep Patriot insurance rates is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To locate cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Online Discount – Some insurance companies provide a small discount get Jersey City auto insurance on the web.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Jersey City auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Patriot insurance prices with and without discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Jersey City. For a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Jersey City, click this link.
Jeep Patriot insurance charts and tables
The coverage table below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Jeep Patriot models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy premiums are formulated helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$360||$632||$648||$38||$194||$1,872||$156|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$360||$632||$648||$38||$194||$1,872||$156|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$412||$770||$648||$38||$194||$2,062||$172|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$412||$770||$648||$38||$194||$2,062||$172|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Jersey City location which can impact rates noticeably.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Patriot car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Patriot settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
- Multiple policies with one company – Lots of insurers will award lower prices to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
Responsible drivers have lower costs – Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who get serious tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Jeep Patriot insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Lower insurance rates with theft deterrents – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data is based on a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Jeep Patriot rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Liability is peace of mind – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Patriot policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- More traffic equals higher rates – Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. City drivers have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people means reduced accidents.
Jeep Patriot claim data – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium rates. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Jeep Patriot vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Patriot Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. A good agent in Jersey City will have answers to these questions.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Jersey City?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Insurance agent types
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 604-3874 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mofalc Meinga
447 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 435-1616 – View Map
- Jared Bush – State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd – North Bergen, NJ 07047 – (201) 325-8880 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agents in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 217-1780 – View Map
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave – Union City, NJ 07087 – (201) 348-1288 – View Map
- ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 222-1314 – View Map
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Jersey City?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in New Jersey?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in New Jersey?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
You just learned many ways to save on Jeep Patriot insurance in Jersey City. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Jersey City auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cost effective Jeep Patriot insurance is possible both online in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)