Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced insurance can diminish your checking account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing cost estimates can lower your rates and help to lower your monthly bill.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Drivers in New Jersey could save themselves 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes. Companies like Allstate and Progressive persitently shower you with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates yearly because insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best deal on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Jersey City two years ago you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about Accord Hybrid insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to buy insurance cheaper in Jersey City.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to save money without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Jersey City can be made easier if you know where to look. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop their coverage around on the web.
Best Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates in New Jersey
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in New Jersey. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new Accord Hybrid may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheap Accord Hybrid insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts include:
- American Family offers discounts including good student, good driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, driver’s education, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-car, home ownership, good student, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, bundle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, multi-policy, and air bags.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
When getting free Jersey City auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Jersey City. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in New Jersey, click here.
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Drive lots and pay more – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Verify your policy is showing annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Accord Hybrid can cost quite a bit.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Accidents will cost you – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten multiple citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Insurance losses for a Honda Accord Hybrid – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much insurance do I need?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy only the required New Jersey minimum liability coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in New Jersey?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When do I need to contact an insurance agent?
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
When searching for local Jersey City agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Jersey City agents may be either exclusive or independent. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive agents in Jersey City that can give you price quote information.
Hemant Jiwnani – State Farm Insurance Agent
2770 John F Kennedy Blvd, FL-1 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 653-1770 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 332-6999 – View Map
State Farm Insurance – Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 604-3874 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are independent agencies in Jersey City who can help you get price quote information.
Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave – Union City, NJ 07087 – (201) 348-1288 – View Map
243 Central Ave # 1 – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 721-6081 – View Map
GG Insurance – Independent Insurance Agent
270 Marin Boulevard, Metropolis Towers Suite #14D – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (800) 801-0394 – View Map
Quote more to save more
You just read many tips how you can lower your Honda Accord Hybrid insurance prices in Jersey City. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find more affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Jersey City
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in New Jersey. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)