No one in their right mind gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially knowing the price is too high.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will probably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared price quotes annually saved about $3,450 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Jersey City is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to shop and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to get the best deal for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Jersey City.
It’s smart to compare prices quite often because insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Jersey City a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to buy cheaper Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Jersey City.
Companies offering Ford C-Max Energi insurance in New Jersey
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To find cheaper auto insurance in Jersey City, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, professional/association, multi-policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, distant student, early shopping, homeowner, switch companies, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, air bags, mature driver, paperless, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, safety features, multi-car, teen driver discount, new graduate, and newly married.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, accident prevention training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- USAA offers premium reductions for driver training, annual mileage, good student, loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, and family discount.
When getting free Jersey City car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Jersey City.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent. Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Jersey City should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Who are their largest clients?
What types of car insurance agents are in Jersey City?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Jersey City are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent agents in Jersey City willing to provide comparison quotes.
370 Pacific Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-0065 – View Map
All Insurance Services Inc
574 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 963-8888 – View Map
ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 222-1314 – View Map
Jersey City car insurance companies ranked
Selecting the best insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in New Jersey. The ranking data shown below could help you pick which car insurance providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
Discount Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Jersey City is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Jersey City car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you quote Jersey City car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding more affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Jersey City
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Jersey City is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in New Jersey. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Find a Jersey City insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
More information is located at the links below
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)