The easiest way to get the cheapest Fiat 500 insurance in Jersey City is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in New Jersey. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for additional tips to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Jersey City. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you're comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Amazingly, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Jersey City can save roughly 40% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Jersey City
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Club Memberships - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Defensive Driver - Taking part in a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Fiat can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new 500 may earn a small discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
You should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your insurance premiums.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, accident-free, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, good student, family plan, and business or organization.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, student driver, homeowners, driver training, 55 and older, theft prevention, and early bird.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, alternative fuel, teen driver, early shopping, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- Allstate may have discounts that include resident student, farm vehicle, multi-policy, premier plus, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To locate cheap auto insurance in NJ, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
How Insurance Companies Determine Fiat 500 Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons - There are many optional add-on coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Bundle policies and save - Most major car insurance companies provide a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum - If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in New Jersey award discounts to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Amount of liability insurance - Liability insurance will afford coverage if you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your rates - A driver's credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Fiat 500 if you improve your credit rating.
- Insurance rates and vehicle performance - The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Women tend to take less risk - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women have accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Loss statistics for a Fiat 500 - Companies use claims history when setting rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Fiat 500 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can't I compare prices from local Jersey City insurance agents?
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Jersey City can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both provide auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company's prices like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent insurance agents in Jersey City who can help you get price quotes.
All Insurance Services Inc
574 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 963-8888 - View Map
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Fiat 500 in Jersey City, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Fiat but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Best auto insurance in Jersey City
Choosing the top company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Jersey City. The company rank data in the lists below can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Don't give up on cheap rates
More affordable car insurance in Jersey City can be purchased online and from local agencies, so get free Jersey City car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Fiat 500 insurance in Jersey City. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Jersey City car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jersey City Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)