Sadly, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Jersey City could pocket roughly $700 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Jersey City is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in New Jersey. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as distracted driving and poor credit can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for additional ideas to prevent high prices and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To buy cheap auto insurance in NJ, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Jersey City, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Fiat for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Fiat. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Jersey City with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Resident Student - College-age children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Memberships - Joining a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Jersey City auto insurance quote.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Save with a New Car - Buying coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A partial list of companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in every state. If you would like to view insurers with discount insurance rates in New Jersey, click here.
Local Jersey City auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
When narrowing the list to find a local Jersey City insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Jersey City exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it's a good idea to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Jersey City independent insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
GG Insurance - Independent Insurance Agent
270 Marin Boulevard, Metropolis Towers Suite #14D - Jersey City, NJ 07302 - (800) 801-0394 - View Map
1674 John F. Kennedy Blvd # A - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 434-4760 - View Map
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Fiat 124 Spider
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This coverage pays for damage to your 124 Spider from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your 124 Spider to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in New Jersey), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like emergency aid, repair bills for other people's vehicles, attorney fees, court costs and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. New Jersey state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for prosthetic devices, pain medications, surgery, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
How to find a good New Jersey auto insurance company
Buying coverage from the top auto insurance provider is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Jersey City. The ranking data listed below could help you analyze which coverage providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Shop smart and save
We covered a lot of tips how to lower your Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates in Jersey City. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Jersey City auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Cheap Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Jersey City is available both online and with local Jersey City insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)