The most effective way to find affordable car insurance rates in Jersey City is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides instructions to help prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Ram insurance in Jersey City. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers in New Jersey kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in the U.S. could save up to $860 each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Shopping around for the best car insurance coverage in Jersey City is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just have to learn the best way to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Best companies for Dodge Ram insurance
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Facts and figures for Dodge Ram insurance
The information displayed below outlines different insurance policy prices for Dodge Ram models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$178||$274||$522||$30||$156||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$202||$334||$522||$30||$156||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$202||$334||$522||$30||$156||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$202||$334||$522||$30||$156||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$202||$334||$522||$30||$156||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$202||$334||$522||$30||$156||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$202||$334||$522||$30||$156||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$202||$334||$522||$30||$156||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$202||$334||$522||$30||$156||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$226||$394||$522||$30||$156||$1,328||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$226||$454||$522||$30||$156||$1,388||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$226||$454||$522||$30||$156||$1,388||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change price quotes significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram insurance premiums for different age categories. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn't a steadfast formula for phasing out full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Ram settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
These six discounts can lower your insurance rates
Some companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Jersey City auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your insurance rates slightly.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, good student, early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, renewal discount, good student, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for early quote, payment discounts, good student, save driver, multi-car, home ownership, and continuous insurance.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, good student, air bags, defensive driver, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer discounts in Jersey City, click here to view.
Local Jersey City auto insurance agents and car insurance
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Jersey City.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Jersey City who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can write policy coverage, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you will want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Jersey City who may provide free rate quotes.
- Coe Insurance
2330 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 435-4300 - View Map
- AMC Insurance Inc
958 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 656-1200 - View Map
- Arch Insurance
300 Exchange Pl - Jersey City, NJ 07311 - (201) 743-4000 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Mofalc Meinga
447 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 435-1616 - View Map
- Jared Bush - State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd - North Bergen, NJ 07047 - (201) 325-8880 - View Map
- Alberto Santana - State Farm Insurance Agent
1755 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 332-3344 - View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Jersey City?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, bail bonds, court costs, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. New Jersey state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Ram.
Since many New Jersey drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Ram to save money on collision insurance.
Be persistent and save
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious Dodge Ram insurance is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jersey City Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)