Are you drained from being strong-armed to insure your Dodge every month? You're in the same situation as many other vehicle owners in New Jersey.
It's a fact that car insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will probably switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is why you're here, learning the best ways to find and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's smart to price shop coverage once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on Dodge Nitro insurance in Jersey City last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you one of the easiest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
If you are already insured or are shopping for new coverage, use these money-saving tips to find better prices without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Jersey City can really be easy if you know what you're doing. You just need to learn the proper methods to compare company rates instantly.
How to lower your Dodge Nitro insurance cost in Jersey City, NJ
Finding cheap Jersey City insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes comparing free Jersey City car insurance quotes to find the company with affordable Dodge Nitro insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. Quoting Dodge Nitro insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless your situation requires the professional assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
These discounts can slash Dodge Nitro insurance rates
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited. If you don't get every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Jersey City can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- College Student - Children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
It's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Nitro auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
When getting free Jersey City car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere. To view car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in New Jersey, click here.
Rates and information analytics
The table shown below highlights a range of insurance prices for Dodge Nitro models. Having a better understanding of how rates are determined helps drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$410||$614||$712||$42||$212||$1,990||$166|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$410||$614||$712||$42||$212||$1,990||$166|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$472||$614||$712||$42||$212||$2,052||$171|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$472||$614||$712||$42||$212||$2,052||$171|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$472||$614||$712||$42||$212||$2,052||$171|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$472||$746||$712||$42||$212||$2,184||$182|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$472||$746||$712||$42||$212||$2,184||$182|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$472||$746||$712||$42||$212||$2,184||$182|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$472||$746||$712||$42||$212||$2,184||$182|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$532||$746||$712||$42||$212||$2,244||$187|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Dodge Nitro insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims impact Dodge Nitro yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Males versus Females
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Nitro insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Jersey City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Jersey City car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
How to know if you need help
When choosing a policy, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Age of drivers - Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are proven to be more careless when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Theft deterrents lowers auto insurance rates - Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
More stress means more cost - Occupations like lawyers, architects, and accountants usually pay the highest average rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. On the flip side, careers like actors, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Only buy coverage you need - There are many extra add-on coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance prices and vehicle performance - The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Dodge Nitro rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
Choosing Dodge vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in New Jersey but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nitro with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How to find a good New Jersey auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Jersey. The company rank data below can help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheap coverage is out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ideas to compare Dodge Nitro insurance prices in Jersey City. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Jersey City car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Steps to buying lower priced Dodge Nitro insurance in Jersey City
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find better pricing on Dodge Nitro insurance in Jersey City is to compare quotes annually from different companies in New Jersey.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Nitro coverage is available in Jersey City. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One thing to point out is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)