Want to learn a better way to compare the cheapest insurance rates in Jersey City, NJ? Jersey City consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Chevy Bolt insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for your Chevy and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Jersey City agents.
It’s important to price shop coverage as often as possible because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Chevy Bolt insurance in Jersey City last year there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to find great coverage at a great price.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Bolt insurance in Jersey City is to know almost all companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as if you are currently licensed, your general credit rating, if you lease or own, and how much coverage you want. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
To check Chevy Bolt insurance prices now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in New Jersey. To get cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, NJ, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
Buying insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jersey City and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Jersey City auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for location of vehicle, professional/association, good driver, good student, multi-car, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, homeowner, youthful driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for multiple vehicles, paperless, multi-policy, company car, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include teen driver discount, good student, preferred payment discount, multi-car, new graduate, and newly married.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- USAA includes discounts for defensive driver, military installation, annual mileage, vehicle storage, and loyalty savings.
If you are trying to find low cost Jersey City auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in Jersey City.
Auto insurance in New Jersey serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy Bolt, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
What is the best auto insurance company in Jersey City?
Buying coverage from the right company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in New Jersey. The ranking information in the next section may help you analyze which providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%
Local Jersey City insurance agents
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Jersey City who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there a local claims center in Jersey City?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Jersey City for you
When finding a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are Jersey City exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 332-6999 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance – Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 604-3874 – View Map
- Joe Nachbaur – State Farm Insurance Agent
505 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 222-8866 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City willing to provide price quotes.
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave – Union City, NJ 07087 – (201) 348-1288 – View Map
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 217-1780 – View Map
- AMC Insurance Inc
958 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 656-1200 – View Map
After you get reasonable responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.