Jeep Compass insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's amazing but over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,000, New Jersey drivers can save as much as 40% each year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Jersey City is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in New Jersey.
- First, read and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One piece of advice is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, NJ
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Jersey City, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Jeep Compass insurance statistics and information
The premium information shown below highlights a range of insurance rates for Jeep Compass models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are established can benefit drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$252||$438||$462||$28||$138||$1,318||$110|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$290||$532||$462||$28||$138||$1,450||$121|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$290||$532||$462||$28||$138||$1,450||$121|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$290||$532||$462||$28||$138||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Jersey City which can influence auto insurance rates significantly.
Cost of full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Jeep Compass insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in New Jersey. The data assumes no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no specific rule for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Jeep Compass replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheaper Jersey City insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Paperwork-free - Many insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Membership in Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your policy premium.
The illustration below shows the difference between Jeep Compass insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- American Family discounts include good driver, early bird, accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, emergency military deployment, driver training, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
When getting free Jersey City auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not be available in Jersey City. To find insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Jersey City, follow this link.
Local agents and car insurance
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
What types of car insurance agents are in Jersey City?
If you're trying to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Jersey City are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Jersey City willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are Jersey City independent insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
Exodus Insurance Services
758 Ocean Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 433-1015 - View Map
Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct - Jersey City, NJ 07310 - (201) 626-7589 - View Map
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agents. Low-cost Jeep Compass insurance in Jersey City is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jersey City Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)