It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper prices for Toyota Venza insurance in Jersey City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in New Jersey. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a negative credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for tips to prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Jersey City. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A recent study showed that about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in America could save themselves nearly $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Jersey City is really quite easy. Vehicle owners just have to understand the most efficient way to compare different rates on the web.
Best companies for Toyota Venza insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in New Jersey. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Toyota Venza insurance charts and tables
The coverage information shown below outlines different insurance policy prices for Toyota Venza models. Understanding how insurance premiums are determined helps drivers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$410||$848||$582||$34||$174||$2,048||$171|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$410||$848||$582||$34||$174||$2,048||$171|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Toyota Venza insurance prices for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The example below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Venza annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below compares Toyota Venza yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in New Jersey. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Venza claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get lower-cost Toyota Venza insurance in Jersey City with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Venza yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, student away at school, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- Esurance has discounts for good student, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, anti-theft, and online shopper.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, anti-theft, family plan, good student, and business or organization.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Jersey City. To find providers with significant discounts in Jersey City, click here to view.
Local Jersey City insurance agents and car insurance
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agents is definitely important in Jersey City.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Jersey City who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When finding a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to check rates from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jersey City who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
582 West Side Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-1306 – View Map
ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 222-1314 – View Map
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Jersey City?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Jersey City?
New Jersey auto insurance companies
Choosing the best insurer is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in New Jersey. The rank data in the next section could help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- USAA – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Cost effective Toyota Venza insurance can be bought both online and with local Jersey City insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Other learning opportunities
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jersey City Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)