If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Jersey City. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and poor credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional ideas to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Jersey City. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that over 70% of New Jersey drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. consumers could pocket about 46.5% a year, but they just don't understand the benefits if they switched.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Jersey City is actually quite simple. Virtually every vehicle owner who compares rate quotes for auto insurance should find lower prices. But New Jersey consumers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay.
How to compare Jersey City Lexus CT 200h insurance price quotes
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To buy cheaper car insurance in Jersey City, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Lexus CT 200h
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Jersey City, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus CT 200h with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Jersey City is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Smart Buyers Save on Insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The items below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rates.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Lexus scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Too many claims and you'll pay more - If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in New Jersey award lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers - More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Your liability insurance limits - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates - Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft.
Poor driving means higher prices - Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Only having one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Insurance losses for a Lexus CT 200h - Auto insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Lexus CT 200h vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus CT 200h Hybrid 4dr||128||92||140||97||114||96|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Jersey City insurance discounts for a Lexus CT 200h
Some insurance providers don't list every discount available very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current CT 200h insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, and driver's education.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount rates in New Jersey, click this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine if you could use an agent's help.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lexus CT 200h?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Jersey City who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Jersey City agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Jersey City are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 332-6999 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance - Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 604-3874 - View Map
- Tawanda Jackson - State Farm Insurance Agent
688 NJ-440 - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 209-0290 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are independent agents in Jersey City willing to provide price quote information.
- Sam's Insurance and Travel
3396 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 659-6800 - View Map
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave - Union City, NJ 07087 - (201) 348-1288 - View Map
- ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 222-1314 - View Map
Once you have positive feedback to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can terminate coverage any time you want so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for the full term.
Be persistent to save money
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Lexus CT 200h insurance in Jersey City. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- How Much are Jersey City Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)