It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop for lower prices are inclined to switch companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Jaguar XK insurance in Jersey City is to do an annual price comparison from providers in New Jersey.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper XK coverage is available in Jersey City. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Cheap companies for Jaguar XK insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Jersey City, NJ. To buy cheap car insurance in NJ, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Jaguar XK rates
The coverage information displayed below outlines estimates of insurance prices for Jaguar XK models. Having a better understanding of how prices are determined is important for making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$660||$1514||$416||$24||$124||$2,738||$228|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$660||$1514||$416||$24||$124||$2,738||$228|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$712||$1384||$490||$30||$146||$2,762||$230|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$712||$1384||$490||$30||$146||$2,762||$230|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can affect premium rates substantially.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Jaguar XK insurance costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XK insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Jaguar XK book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
These discounts can cut Jaguar XK insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jersey City car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Jersey City car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up before your current XK insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Jaguar XK car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in New Jersey, follow this link.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Jaguar XK Insurance Costs?
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Do you really need the incidental coverages? – Policies have extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Things like rental car coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Women tend to take less risk – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Females and males have accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jaguar XK premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Jaguar. Some coverage claims would be a broken windshield, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Low stress employer equals lower rates – Occupations such as lawyers, executives, and stock brokers have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations like professors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Cautious drivers have lower prices – Just one speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims raise Jaguar XK insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Don’t abuse insurance claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in New Jersey generally give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Jaguar XK claim statistics – Insurers use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Jaguar XK vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Jaguar XK Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XK 2dr 167 Jaguar XK Convertible 119BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent. Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agencies is still important in Jersey City.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Jersey City that can provide free Jersey City car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Jersey City for you
If you want a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Jersey City are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Jersey City that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
370 Pacific Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-0065 – View Map
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Jersey City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Picking a insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Where are claims handled?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
After receiving good feedback as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
Smart consumers save more
As you quote Jersey City car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered a lot of techniques to save on Jaguar XK insurance in Jersey City. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)