It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that people who compared prices once a year saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Jersey City is your goal, then having a good understanding how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
The best way to find cheaper Chevy Cobalt insurance in Jersey City is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more information to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, follow these tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Our goal in writing this article instruct you on how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process Drivers just have to understand the quickest method to compare different rates instantly.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Get hitched and get cheaper rates – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Your address can affect price – Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
High premiums for younger drivers – Teenage drivers in New Jersey are proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most insurers give discounts to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare Chevy Cobalt rates in Jersey City to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate information displayed next outlines estimates of insurance prices for Chevy Cobalt models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are established can help you make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$594||$544||$32||$162||$1,596||$133|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$594||$544||$32||$162||$1,596||$133|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$302||$594||$600||$36||$180||$1,712||$143|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$302||$594||$600||$36||$180||$1,712||$143|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$594||$544||$32||$162||$1,634||$136|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$594||$600||$36||$180||$1,750||$146|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$380||$774||$600||$36||$180||$1,970||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease prices significantly.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age in Jersey City
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Cobalt insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable driving data submission to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jersey City and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jersey City auto insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below compares Chevy Cobalt auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for ease of repair, location of vehicle, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, professional/association, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, multi-car, youthful driver, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for air bags, multiple vehicles, teen driver, good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new move discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, new graduate, teen driver discount, and safety features.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safe driver, drive less, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- USAA offers discounts including driver training, military installation, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and family discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Jersey City auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Jersey City. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Chevy Cobalt insurance discounts in Jersey City, click this link.
Insurance savings summarized
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Cobalt insurance prices in Jersey City. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More tips and info about insurance is available at these sites:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Jersey City Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)