Really, the only way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in New Jersey. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for additional tips to help prevent high rates and earn larger discounts.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical coverages on each price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
We don't have to tell you that insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around are very likely to move their business because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that people who shopped around annually saved over $865 a year compared to other drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is the reason you're reading this, then understanding how to shop and compare coverages can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in Jersey City takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if the vehicle is leased, deductibles desired, an estimate of your credit level, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your details is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To compare affordable Lincoln LS insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Jersey City, NJ. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
What Affects Lincoln LS Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
File insurance claims and pay more - If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in New Jersey provide the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
The more you drive the more you pay - The more miles you rack up on your Lincoln in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance policy is showing the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your LS may be costing you.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage - Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Certain jobs raise rates - Occupations such as judges, police officers, and accountants tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as farmers, students and retirees receive lower rates.
More traffic means higher claims - Living in less populated areas of the country can save you money when buying insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Lower population means fewer accidents.
Do you need those add-on coverages? - There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy on your LS policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Jersey City, insurance is required in New Jersey but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lincoln with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in New Jersey overpays more than $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Which auto insurance company is best in Jersey City?
Picking the top insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Jersey City. The company ratings displayed below may help you select which providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford - 93%
- Progressive - 90%
- 21st Century - 89%
- USAA - 87%
- Mercury Insurance - 87%
- State Farm - 87%
- Travelers - 87%
- Safeco Insurance - 86%
- AAA Insurance - 86%
- American Family - 85%