Saving money on Lexus RX 350 insurance in Jersey City might be hard for drivers who have little experience quoting coverage prices online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can be a ton of work to find cheaper Lexus RX 350 insurance rates.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Lexus RX 350 insurance in Jersey City
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Lexus RX 350 insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers in Jersey City. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around once a year are very likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is your goal, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
You should take the time to price shop coverage yearly because prices change frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Lexus RX 350 insurance in Jersey City a couple years back a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the quickest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Just remember that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a better price.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lexus RX 350 insurance rates and statistics
The price information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Lexus RX 350 models. Having knowledge of how premiums are calculated can assist in making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$592||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,572||$214|
|RX 350 4WD||$592||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,572||$214|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location which can alter prices noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Lexus RX 350 yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accidents raise Lexus RX 350 car insurance rates for each different age category. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lexus RX 350 insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below shows the comparison of Lexus RX 350 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lexus RX 350 premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Lexus RX 350 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Choosing the best RX 350 insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus RX 350 in Jersey City, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Lexus RX 350 but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your RX 350 more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in New Jersey overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Lexus RX 350 insurance in Jersey City with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on RX 350 insurance in Jersey City.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger auto insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 get Jersey City auto insurance on your computer.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn cheaper prices.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
The example below shows the difference between Lexus RX 350 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Jersey City auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Jersey City. For a list of insurance companies who offer free Lexus RX 350 insurance quotes in Jersey City, click this link.
When to contact an insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Jersey City.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Jersey City who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent agencies in Jersey City who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave - Union City, NJ 07087 - (201) 348-1288 - View Map
- Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07302 - (201) 616-7644 - View Map
- JFK Insurance Agency
746 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (908) 425-1544 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City that are able to give price quotes.
- Alberto Santana - State Farm Insurance Agent
1755 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 332-3344 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance - Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 604-3874 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 332-6999 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Jersey City?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Lexus RX 350
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lexus RX 350.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in New Jersey), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for things like pain medications, surgery and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your RX 350 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your RX 350 to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. New Jersey state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Car insurance savings summarized
We just showed you many ways to shop for Lexus RX 350 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jersey City auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agents. Cheaper Lexus RX 350 insurance in Jersey City is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to finding discount Lexus RX 350 insurance in Jersey City
The preferred way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Jersey City is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in New Jersey.
- First, try to understand auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)