The recommended way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Jersey City. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jersey City. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle's registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you're comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Astonishing but true, about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many drivers in Jersey City can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Most major insurance companies give coverage price quotes online. The process is quite easy as you simply type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system obtains your driving and credit reports and returns a price determined by many factors. Using the web to get quotes for Lexus LC 500 insurance in Jersey City makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the most affordable premium.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a price comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Jersey City, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus LC 500. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in New Jersey is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Jersey City
It's important that you understand some of the things that help determine your auto insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Teenage drivers pay higher rates - Inexperience drivers have been known to be easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a teen driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
- Deter theft and reduce premiums - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Get married and get cheaper rates - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It may mean you are less irresponsible and it's statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Excellent credit saves on auto insurance - An insured's credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus LC 500 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used LC 500 can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Onboard Data Collection - Jersey City drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
To locate insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people just want to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Jersey City who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer because prices are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to use a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Jersey City can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent agents in Jersey City who can help you get price quotes.
370 Pacific Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 209-0065 - View Map
45 Laidlaw Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 659-6050 - View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just presented a lot of ways to find cheaper Lexus LC 500 insurance in Jersey City. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies. Cheap Lexus LC 500 insurance in Jersey City can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Jersey City, New Jersey? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)