Sad but true, most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Jersey City consumers could save themselves about $720 a year by just shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Kia Rio insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Jersey City. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read about coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Jersey City, NJ. If you want to find cheap car insurance in NJ, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- New Car Discount - Putting insurance coverage on a new Rio can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow their company to spy on driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Don't be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, it's just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
The diagram below compares Kia Rio insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Travelers has discounts for payment discounts, driver training, IntelliDrive, multi-car, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, air bags, early bird, teen driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, federal employee, air bags, and military active duty.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
When getting free Jersey City auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Jersey City. To see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Jersey City, follow this link.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium information below outlines different insurance prices for Kia Rio models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are established can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in Jersey City location which can alter coverage prices substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Kia Rio premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The illustration below compares Kia Rio insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Jersey City auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the right auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in New Jersey. The ranking information in the lists below could help you select which car insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- USAA - A++
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Mercury Insurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Esurance - A+
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford - 93%
- Progressive - 90%
- 21st Century - 89%
- USAA - 87%
- Mercury Insurance - 87%
- State Farm - 87%
- Travelers - 87%
- Safeco Insurance - 86%
- AAA Insurance - 86%
- American Family - 85%
How You Can Control Kia Rio Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Only having one chargeable violation can bump up the cost to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who get careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can increase Kia Rio insurance premiums for each different age category. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Higher rates for specific occupations - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers, and financial analysts tend to pay higher premium rates because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
Mature drivers pay less - Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a beginning driver onto your insurance can increase premiums substantially. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Prices can change based on your address - Living in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Credit history impacts premium rates - A driver's credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Kia Rio if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings.
Drive a safer car and pay less - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and lower rates for you.
Don't let your policy lapse - Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a quick way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the New Jersey motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance losses for a Kia Rio - Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Kia Rio vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years