Are you tired of overpaying and want more competitive Chevy SS insurance in Jersey City? Did you come to the realization that you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because there are many Jersey City consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Jersey City is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
Steps to buying low-cost Chevy SS insurance in Jersey City
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Chevy SS insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Jersey City. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Popular companies such as State Farm and GEICO promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest insurance in Jersey City is actually quite simple. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to shop their coverage around online.
Cheapest companies for Chevy SS insurance in New Jersey
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Jersey City, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Lower Your Jersey City Insurance Costs
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers - Teenage drivers in New Jersey are statistically proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Add-on coverages can add up - Policies have optional add-on coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Females tend to take less risk - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women get in accidents at a similar rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Lots of companies will give a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut car insurance rates - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Performance makes a difference - The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Use but don't abuse your insurance - Car insurance companies in New Jersey provide cheaper rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Loss probability for a Chevy SS - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium costs. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the loss history for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Some companies do not list every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on SS insurance in Jersey City.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount - Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current SS insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, good student, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for air bags, student away at school, group or association, safe driver, teen driver, paperless, and multi-policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance has savings for good student, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state. To view car insurance companies who offer discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
When to contact a local insurance agent
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Jersey City?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Jersey City that can give you comparison quotes for Chevy SS insurance in Jersey City.
Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct - Jersey City, NJ 07310 - (201) 626-7589 - View Map
AMC Insurance Inc
958 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 656-1200 - View Map
Which car insurance company is best in New Jersey?
Finding a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Jersey City. The company rank data in the next section may help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy SS to commute?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in New Jersey?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Persistent drivers can save
Cost effective Chevy SS insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Jersey City agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
When you buy Jersey City auto insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
Steps to buying lower priced Chevy SS insurance in Jersey City
The preferred way to get the cheapest Chevy SS insurance in Jersey City is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in New Jersey.
- Step 1: Read about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Don't forget to place your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)