Acura MDX insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
How many times have you put off comparing quotes for low-cost Acura MDX insurance in Jersey City? Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to insure your Acura every month? You are no different than most other vehicle owners in New Jersey.
It's a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who get price quotes annually will probably buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that drivers who shopped around saved over $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Acura MDX insurance in Jersey City is your goal, then having a grasp of how to compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
Steps to saving on Acura MDX insurance in Jersey City
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Acura MDX insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell insurance in Jersey City. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good piece of advice is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to save money using this strategy. Locating the best rates in Jersey City can really be easy if you know what you're doing. Although New Jersey drivers need to learn the methods companies use to charge you for coverage.
Finding Acura MDX insurance in Jersey City, NJ
To find cheaper Jersey City car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local Jersey City car insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Acura MDX insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to go to all the different Jersey City insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can get prices online and still use a local agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Get cheaper Acura MDX insurance rates in Jersey City
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for completing your application digitally online.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- College Student Discount - Children living away from Jersey City attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Sign Early and Save - A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up before your current MDX insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will help reduce your policy cost.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Acura MDX yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
To locate insurers with significant discounts in Jersey City, click here.
Insurance coverage details
The data table shown below showcases a range of rate quotes for Acura MDX models. Being more informed about how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$406||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,782||$149|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$406||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,782||$149|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$406||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,782||$149|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$406||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,782||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Acura MDX insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Acura MDX Insurance Premiums?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in cheaper rates.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- High deductibles save money - Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Better auto insurance rates for continuous auto insurance coverage - Driving without insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
Lower rates come with age - Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Don't get traffic citations - Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. People who have careless tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can affect Acura MDX car insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Commute or pleasure use - The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating reflects the right rating data, because it can save money. An improperly rated MDX may be costing you higher rates.
- Single drivers may pay more - Being married may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Acura MDX insurance loss statistics - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Acura MDX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura MDX Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Jersey City insurance agencies
Many drivers just prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Jersey City.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Jersey City car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you're trying to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Jersey City are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jersey City who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 792-4188 - View Map
JFK Insurance Agency
746 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (908) 425-1544 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Smart shoppers get results
Cost effective Acura MDX insurance can be found both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When getting Jersey City car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to buying low-cost Acura MDX insurance in Jersey City
The most effective way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Jersey City. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you're comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)