Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest Honda Odyssey insurance in Jersey City? Wish you could get a refund on overpriced Honda Odyssey insurance in Jersey City? It’s quite common and there are a lot of people in Jersey City just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance is your ultimate target, learning how to get price quotes and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier. Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO promote their brand names with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Vehicle options can affect car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Gender matters – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Males and females have auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The information below shows the difference between Honda Odyssey auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Teenage driver insurance prices – Drivers with little experience have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver to your car insurance policy can be very expensive. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of car insurance companies give discounts to buyers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- More traffic means higher claims – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Claims statistics for a Honda Odyssey – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda Odyssey Models Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Odyssey 78 83 75 82 78 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Jersey City Honda Odyssey insurance rate quotes online
Cutting your Jersey City auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just need to spend a few minutes comparing rates from online providers.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to actually drive to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Honda Odyssey insurance rates online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind of a local agency. It is possible with some companies obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in New Jersey, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance statistics and figures
The premium table below covers estimates of insurance prices for Honda Odyssey models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$350||$732||$490||$30||$146||$1,748||$146|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$402||$862||$490||$30||$146||$1,930||$161|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$402||$862||$490||$30||$146||$1,930||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in your specific Jersey City location which can affect insurance rates greatly.
Comparison of policy deductibles
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for insurance is what deductibles to buy. The comparisons below can help show how much more you’ll pay when you buy lower versus higher comp and collision deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second rate chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$360||$746||$480||$28||$144||$1,783||$149|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$414||$880||$480||$28||$144||$1,971||$164|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$414||$880||$480||$28||$144||$1,971||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$200||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,246||$104|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$230||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,346||$112|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$230||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,346||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in Jersey City location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $100 deductible costs approximately $49 more each month or $588 annually than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would have to pay $900 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you have more than 18 months between claim filings, you would probably come out ahead if you opt for a higher deductible.
How to calculate deductible break even point
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$157|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $108|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$49|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $49|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||18 months|
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders drive up Honda Odyssey insurance premiums for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below compares Honda Odyssey auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in New Jersey. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Honda Odyssey replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Jersey City, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Honda but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get discounts to get affordable Jersey City auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Odyssey insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 get Jersey City car insurance on your computer.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better auto insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Jersey City could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below illustrates the difference between Honda Odyssey insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, early shopping, distant student, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, driver’s education, good driver, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, federal employee, air bags, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, newly married, new move discount, newly retired, good student, and new graduate.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Jersey City auto insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Jersey City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Jersey City that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Jersey City that may be able to give free auto insurance rate quotes.
JFK Insurance Agency
746 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (908) 425-1544 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agencies in Jersey City willing to provide comparison quotes.
Deciding on a car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Jersey City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Jersey City?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Which car insurance company is best in New Jersey?
Buying coverage from a good quality company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in New Jersey. The rank data in the lists below could help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Get the best coverage at the best price
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to shop for Honda Odyssey insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper car insurance in Jersey City is available both online in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Steps to saving money on Honda Odyssey insurance in Jersey City
The recommended way to get discount Honda Odyssey insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Jersey City.
Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)