Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Jersey City drivers could pocket as much as $720 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Jersey City is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
First, try to understand how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper CR-Z coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give Jersey City CR-Z insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, NJ, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Jersey City, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your CR-Z, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Honda CR-Z. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Honda CR-Z insurance in Jersey City
Some insurers do not list every available discount very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
For a list of insurers with the best discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Jersey City car insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get lower prices and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Jersey City.
By using this short form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Jersey City that provide free Jersey City car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When finding a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Jersey City are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Jersey City that can give you comparison quotes.
- Wexford Insurance
45 Laidlaw Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 659-6050 – View Map
- GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 792-4188 – View Map
- Royale Insurance Agency
2184 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 656-1800 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agents in Jersey City that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 332-6999 – View Map
- Jared Bush – State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd – North Bergen, NJ 07047 – (201) 325-8880 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance – Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 604-3874 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Jersey City?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Quote often and quote early
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Jersey City can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Jersey City agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find cheap Honda CR-Z insurance in Jersey City. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Jersey City car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)