If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Jersey City is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
First, try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $70 a month compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Jersey City is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to shop for insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Jersey City
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Performance influences rates – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most larger companies provide discounts to people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to compare other Jersey City Thunderbird insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in New Jersey give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one driving citation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten multiple violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Get hitched and get cheaper prices – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting quotes for Ford Thunderbird insurance in Jersey City is fairly simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the form. After you submit the form their quoting system gets credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on the information you submitted.
Being able to quote online for Ford Thunderbird insurance in Jersey City streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you want to get affordable auto insurance pricing.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in New Jersey. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though Jersey City Thunderbird insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Thunderbird outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in New Jersey is overpaying over $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t overlook these Ford Thunderbird insurance discounts
Some companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Jersey City and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these benefits possibly include:
If you want affordable Jersey City car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Jersey City, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Jersey City that can provide free Jersey City car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Jersey City should be willing to answer these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Jersey City?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Jersey City agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Jersey City can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City who can help you get price quote information.
- Alberto Santana – State Farm Insurance Agent
1755 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 332-3344 – View Map
- Joe Nachbaur – State Farm Insurance Agent
505 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 222-8866 – View Map
- Jared Bush – State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd – North Bergen, NJ 07047 – (201) 325-8880 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City that are able to give price quotes.
- GG Insurance – Independent Insurance Agent
270 Marin Boulevard, Metropolis Towers Suite #14D – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (800) 801-0394 – View Map
- Coe Insurance
2330 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 435-4300 – View Map
- Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct – Jersey City, NJ 07310 – (201) 626-7589 – View Map
Ratings for Jersey City auto insurance companies
Selecting the best car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Jersey City. The company information in the next section may help you choose which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- USAA – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Quote more to save more
We just showed you many ways to compare Ford Thunderbird insurance prices in Jersey City. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Jersey City car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper Ford Thunderbird insurance in Jersey City can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)