Ford Taurus insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Ford every month? You're in the same situation as most other people in New Jersey.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in New Jersey could save roughly 40% a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop around. Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive best price available on Ford Taurus insurance in Jersey City.
Companies offering competitive Ford Taurus prices in Jersey City, NJ
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To get the cheapest car insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance analysis for a Ford Taurus
The coverage table displayed next covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Ford Taurus models. Having insight into how insurance prices are figured can be useful when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$424||$678||$496||$30||$148||$1,776||$148|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$424||$782||$496||$30||$148||$1,880||$157|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$468||$782||$496||$30||$148||$1,924||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Taurus insurance prices for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Taurus car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Taurus claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Lower rate quotes on Ford Taurus insurance in Jersey City with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Taurus insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Ford could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Membership in Organizations - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Taurus car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies that have many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find affordable Ford Taurus insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be available everywhere. For a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in New Jersey, click here.
Eight Things That Influence Your Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
- Marriage reduces risk - Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse translates into being less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Don't skimp on liability insurance - Your policy's liability coverage kicks in when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Big cities mean more claims - Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large New Jersey cities have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop car theft.
- Pleasure use or commuting - The more you drive in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy is showing the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your Taurus may be costing you.
Expect high rates for teens - More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers are known to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Lower stress equals lower premiums - Jobs such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
Driving citations can increase prices - Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get multiple citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Ford Taurus insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance losses for a Ford Taurus - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the loss history for Ford Taurus vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Taurus Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Taurus 2WD 109 88 134 115 115 101 Ford Taurus 4WD 120 78 141 124 Ford Taurus SHO 4WD 143 96 185 84 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is the minimum liability in New Jersey?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Local Jersey City insurance agents
A lot of people just want to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Jersey City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Jersey City that provide free Jersey City car insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Jersey City can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's worth learning how they are different since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Jersey City who can help you get free rate quotes.
370 Pacific Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 209-0065 - View Map
Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Auto Newark NJ
268 W KINNEY ST - Newark, NJ 07103 - (888) 290-0635 - View Map
GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 792-4188 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Jersey City exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Jersey City will have answers to these questions.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a local claims center in Jersey City?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does their agency support local causes in Jersey City?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
Discount Ford Taurus insurance in Jersey City is possible online and also from your neighborhood Jersey City agents, so you need to quote Jersey City car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Ford Taurus insurance in Jersey City. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Ford Taurus rate quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
How to find low-cost rates for Ford Taurus insurance in Jersey City
The preferred way to get discount Ford Taurus insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Jersey City. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
One thing to remember is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)