Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Jersey City? Finding affordable Jersey City Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes may seem to be impossible for consumers who are new to comparing rates on the web. With a ridiculous number of insurers to choose from, how can Jersey City drivers even start to compare every company in order to find the lowest price?
Inconceivable but true, most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. New Jersey consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
It’s a great practice to compare rates once or twice a year because insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Jersey City two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Comparing rates for more affordable protection in Jersey City is not as confusing as people think. Practically every car owner who needs lower cost auto insurance will more than likely get better rates. Although New Jersey drivers must comprehend the way companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Affordable auto insurance in Jersey City, NJ
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in New Jersey. If you want cheap auto insurance in NJ, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Don’t neglect these nine discounts on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Jersey City
Auto insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Jersey City Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will let one accident slide without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Jersey City.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Exclusive and independent insurance agents
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Jersey City.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
The following is a short list of insurance companies in Jersey City that may be able to provide rate quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Jersey City.
- Royale Insurance Agency
2184 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 656-1800 – View Map
- Jared Bush – State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd – North Bergen, NJ 07047 – (201) 325-8880 – View Map
- AMC Insurance Inc
958 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 656-1200 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Karima Panjwani
591 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 793-7525 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Specific coverages for a Ford Five Hundred
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, pain medications, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, vandalism, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Five Hundred to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Five Hundred.
Since many New Jersey drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This will cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, loss of income and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. New Jersey state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, high prices or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced car insurance in Jersey City is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Jersey City, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Steps to buying cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Jersey City
The most effective way to get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Jersey City is to compare quotes annually from companies who sell insurance in New Jersey.
- First, learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a bad credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)