If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in New Jersey. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of insureds in New Jersey renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in America could save themselves up to $850 a year, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from local Jersey City insurance companies. The easiest way to find affordable Ford Expedition insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to and from local Jersey City insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the guidance of a local Jersey City agent. Although, it is possible get prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find better pricing. Not every company provides Jersey City Expedition insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get price quotes from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To get the best cheap car insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Expedition insurance in Jersey City
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get substantially lower insurance rates.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Sign Online – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below compares Ford Expedition annual premium costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A few companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Jersey City. To find insurance companies with the best Ford Expedition insurance discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
Rates and information analytics
The information displayed next highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Ford Expedition models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$222||$318||$416||$24||$124||$1,104||$92|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$252||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,202||$100|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$252||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,202||$100|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$252||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,202||$100|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$252||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,270||$106|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$252||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,270||$106|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$252||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,270||$106|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$280||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,298||$108|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$280||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,298||$108|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$280||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,298||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase prices considerably.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Expedition insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Expedition car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Expedition book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Jersey City auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from the highest-rated company is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Jersey City. The company ratings in the next section can help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
How You Can Control Ford Expedition Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder auto theft.
- Responsible credit equals lower premiums – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Expedition if you improve your credit rating.
- File policy claims and pay more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies in New Jersey award discounts to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Occupation can influence prices – Occupations such as real estate brokers, business owners, and medical professionals generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as professors, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Expedition may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage.
Loss probability for a Ford Expedition – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford Expedition vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Expedition Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD 67 88 82 55 45 70 Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD 70 98 90 54 62 56 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD 74 104 97 52 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD 88 96 110 63 60 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years