If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable Lincoln MKS insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Jersey City. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to understand how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Jersey City. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Amazingly, over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Jersey City insurance shoppers can cut their rates by as much as 40% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Finding and buying the best insurance policy in Jersey City is easy if you know what you’re doing. Essentially every car owner who is required to buy insurance will probably be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, New Jersey vehicle owners do need to learn how companies set your policy premium.
Most companies give coverage price quotes on their websites. This process is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the quote system will order information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on the information you submitted. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in New Jersey. If you want cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance
Even though Jersey City MKS insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln MKS. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Lincoln gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your MKS more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Rates and statistics
The table displayed below outlines a range of coverage costs for Lincoln MKS models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance prices are formulated can be of help when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$320||$656||$552||$32||$166||$1,726||$144|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$320||$656||$552||$32||$166||$1,726||$144|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$354||$744||$552||$32||$166||$1,848||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in your specific Jersey City location which can influence premium rates substantially.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents raise Lincoln MKS insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The information below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKS car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lincoln MKS insurance discounts in Jersey City
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Jersey City car insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, safe driver, driver training, and renewal discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, good student, federal employee, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not be available in your state.