If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Jersey City. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Volt coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of insureds in New Jersey kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in the United States could save themselves $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online.
How to buy Chevy Volt insurance online
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in New Jersey. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Jersey City, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper rates with these price cutting discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Volt can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, teen driver discount, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, early bird, defensive driver, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, bundle discounts, pay in full, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for group or association, teen driver, good student, anti-theft, paperless, and air bags.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Jersey City. If you would like to see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in New Jersey, click this link.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Volt in Jersey City, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volt has a loan, most lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy Volt. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in New Jersey is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Which auto insurance company is best in Jersey City?
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Jersey City. The ranking data shown next may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Jersey City insurance agent
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Jersey City that can give you free Jersey City auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Jersey City should be willing to answer these questions.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jersey City?
- Which family members are covered?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Jersey City agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Jersey City who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Mofalc Meinga
447 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 435-1616 – View Map
- Mansa Nicome – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 – Neptune City, NJ 07753 – (732) 776-9999 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Karima Panjwani
591 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 793-7525 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
- ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 222-1314 – View Map
- Dieugrand Insurance
582 West Side Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-1306 – View Map
- GG Insurance – Independent Insurance Agent
270 Marin Boulevard, Metropolis Towers Suite #14D – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (800) 801-0394 – View Map