Want to learn how to find more affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance in Jersey City? Paying cheaper prices for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Jersey City can be challenging for drivers not familiar with quoting and comparing rates online. With literally dozens of insurers to choose from, it can easily turn into a lot of work to find the best prices.
It’s shocking but most consumers in New Jersey have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in the United States can save $859 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they bought a different policy.
Compare Jaguar S-Type insurance rates
It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find more affordable rates. Not every company provides online Jersey City S-Type insurance quotes, so you also need to get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in New Jersey. To get cheaper auto insurance in Jersey City, NJ, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every possible discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new S-Type can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut your policy cost.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, defensive driver, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, good student, and safety features.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, and driver training.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best Jaguar S-Type insurance discounts in New Jersey, click this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Jersey City insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Jersey City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Jersey City for you
When researching a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they work. Agencies in Jersey City are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Jersey City that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 217-1780 – View Map
- GG Insurance – Independent Insurance Agent
270 Marin Boulevard, Metropolis Towers Suite #14D – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (800) 801-0394 – View Map
- Blake Agency
370 Pacific Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-0065 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City willing to provide price quotes.
- Mansa Nicome – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 – Neptune City, NJ 07753 – (732) 776-9999 – View Map
- Tawanda Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
688 NJ-440 – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 209-0290 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mofalc Meinga
447 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 435-1616 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Jersey City will have answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jersey City?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When selecting the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Jaguar S-Type?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I rate my Jaguar S-Type as pleasure use or commute?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
The Jaguar S-Type Insurance Rate Equation
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
- Frequent claims increase premiums – If you frequently file small claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Car insurance companies in New Jersey award better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Married people drive safer – Being married may save some money on your car insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Job stress can affect premiums – Occupations such as real estate brokers, police officers, and accountants are shown to have the highest average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other careers like professors, historians and homemakers get better rates.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Buying the right S-Type insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jaguar at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Jaguar S-Type but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your S-Type are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
You just read a lot of tips how to find cheap Jaguar S-Type insurance in Jersey City. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Jersey City auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, poor customer service and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
How to quote cheaper Jaguar S-Type insurance in Jersey City
The preferred way to get cheaper Jaguar S-Type insurance in Jersey City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in New Jersey. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jersey City. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)